Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Meatless Monday #3!

 No recipe tonight. I don't have a lot in the house at the moment and it was just Lucas and I for dinner so I decided to just throw something together with what I had. This is what I started with - a handful of green beans, 2 zucchinis and a package of homemade brown n serve garlic cheese biscuits - all from my farmer's market trip on Saturday.


 And here's what I ended up with - stuffed zucchini, green beans with feta and the biscuits.



First, I washed the zucchini, cut the ends off and cut them in half. Then I boiled them in an inch of water for about 7 minutes. Once they cooled a bit, I cut them in half lengthwise and scooped out the inside. I chopped up what I just scooped out and mixed it with a handful of breadcrumbs, a smaller handful of Parmesan cheese, one egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. No exact science, I just did a dash here and a pinch there based on the flavors I like. I piled the mixture into the zucchini shells, put a tiny dot of butter on each, and baked them at 350 for 30 minutes. 

Once that was in the oven, I snapped the ends off the beans and washed them. Then I sauted them in a little olive oil until tender. I let the green beans cool a bit then tossed in some feta from the farmers market last week. So yummy! I've been lucky lately with these "no recipe" cooking experiments. Crossing my fingers that the trend sticks...

No comments:

Post a Comment