This is the perfect time to lay down our rules about restaurants. Especially because we only have 7 days until our official start date! We came up with a list of restaurants that are allowed. Here are the places and the reasons they made the list:
- Harvest Moon (Charlotte) - It's farm to fork!! Perfecto!
- Sprouts (Gastonia) - It's all organic and absolutely delicious! It's the one connected to the organic marketplace on New Hope Rd. They only do lunch though, so check the hours!
- La Fuente Mexican Grille (Gastonia) - This is owned by one of my student's families... gotta support my kiddos! Plus it's totally unrealistic for us to not have a Mexican place on the list.
- Las Palmas Columbian Bakery (Gastonia) - Too amazing to give up, but it's totally a mom and pop place which we love.
- Mellow Mushroom (Charlotte or anywhere) - I worked at Mellow in Tampa FL for two years and I never once got sick of it. It was started by hippies and they use real, healthy food - not frozen stuff like many chains/franchises. I love it more than anything. When I was pregnant, I would wake up in the middle of the night and crave Mellow hummus. If you think this one doesn't fit, call it my guilty pleasure.
- Any restaurant we find that's farm to fork or organic is in!
- All chains and franchises (besides Mellow Mushroom) are out!
- When we have fewer choices and must eat out (like while traveling), we will opt for locally owned, mom and pop type places.