Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here We Go!

We've officially started... so now the temptations kick in. The end of the year school chaos is distracting... our summer travels are starting... the reality of our rules sets in. Yikes! In spite of it all, I am as convinced as ever that this is going to be one of the best things we've ever done for ourselves.

I will be posting our monthly food bill totals so you can compare it to your grocery store bills, since one of my goals is to save money. I will also post about our two monthly grocery store trips for the basics so you can keep me in check! I'm only allowed two trips a month, I can only get the basics that I can't get at farmers markets, and I can only spent $25 each time. I'm also looking forward to posting more recipes and market reviews now that we are in full swing! 

Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, and we're on a similar journey :) Right now I shop once a month a Costco/Meijer for baking supplies, and a few misc items but the rest of our food comes from local farms, farmers markets, and u pick orchards. All our meat, most of our cheese and produce, and eggs come from local sources, as well as things like jams, specialty breads, honey, maple syrup etc.
    We're a family of five and our food budget is $100 a week. Can't wait to follow along on your blog!
    sara http://mybeautifulchaoss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. proud of what you are aiming to achieve. We own a 40 acre organic farm so other than baby diapers we avoid supermarkets, we are lucky that we live on a road with another organic farm, so what we cannot grow or raise ourselves we buy in less than a 10 min walk. Well done.

    http://www.wehomeskool.ca

    ReplyDelete